Religious Education at The Grove
In school we follow the agreed syllabus for Religious Education in Surrey Schools
The syllabus aims to:
- develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of Christianity, other religious traditions and non-religious world views.
- develop respect for and sensitivity to others, in particular those faiths and beliefs are different from their own.
- Offer opportunities for personal reflection, and pupils’ Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural [SMSC] development
- encourage pupils to learn from different religious, beliefs, values and traditions while exploring their own beliefs and questions of meaning.
- encourage pupils to develop their own sense of identity and belonging and enables then to flourish individually within their communities and as citizens in a multi-faith and multi-cultural society and global community.